Welcome to St. Christopher House
St. Christopher House
Your Neighbourhood Centre since 1912!
St. Christopher House has been a neighbourhood centre in the downtown west end of Toronto since 1912. We work with diverse individuals, families and groups to promote personal and social change in order to achieve a safe, healthy and accepting society for all.
St. Christopher House is a secular organization and is strongly committed to community development in all aspects of our work. St. Christopher House is incorporated under the Corporations Act (Ontario) and is at the direction of a Board of Directors elected from among our voting membership. We are a registered charity (#11925 7525 RR0001) under the Income Tax Act (Canada), as regulated by the Charities Directorate of the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Assist people to meet individual and family needs
- Promote access to full participation in society by addressing barriers
- Provide the tools and opportunities for people to control their own lives and take on leadership in the community
- Build bridges within and across communities
- Advocate for changes in social systems that will ensure dignity, quality of life and equal opportunities for all